Local Government Election 2017
The County Council elections take place on Thursday 4 May 2017. Here are some key dates to remember:
- 5 April – list of candidates standing in the County Council Elections are now on our website along with a list of candidates for the City, Town and Community Councils
- 13 April – you will need to register by this date in order to be eligible to vote on the 4th May. Visit www.gov.uk/registertovote for more information
- 18 April – Away on 4th May? The deadline to apply for a postal vote is 5pm on 18th April
- 25 April – deadline for applying for a proxy vote for the elections
- 25 April – the Notice of Poll will be published
- 4 May – Election Day. Polling stations will be open from 7am until 10pm
Once the polling stations close at 10pm, verification of the ballot boxes will begin at Denbigh Leisure Centre. The count will then begin at 9am the following morning, Friday 5 May, with most of the results expected to be announced by midday.
If you aren’t on the electoral register you cannot vote in the elections! Make sure you register by 13 April.
You can follow the results live on Twitter.
Note: The city/town/community council elections take place on the same day